Final Project Instructions and Outline
Instructions: You will compose an APA-style research paper to communicate your group’s final research project to a scholarly audience of experts in your topic’s field. Below, you will find a brief outline showing the required sections of the article and major information that must be contained within them. Refer to and use information and ideas your reported in previous assignments relating to your final projects. Refer to the APA-guide and sample papers for specifics on APA format.
Due: Wednesday, 5/2, 11:59 PM
Title Page (page 1)
Include Name, Title, Affiliation, header.
See APA Manual/APA guide on BB for details
Abstract (page 2)
**Use the abstract writing guide and template to help write this section**
- Give an overview sentence on the study with your hypothesis.
- Give a one or two sentences describing the participants, experimental design, and summarizing the procedure.
- Summarize the results saying whether there were any significant effects.
- Give one or two concluding sentences.
Introduction (page 3…)
(Do not type the word Introduction. Instead, repeat the title of the paper. This will be a minimum of 3 pages and a maximum of 5 pages.)
Incorporate information from the articles described in your annotated bibliography to answer the following:
- Introduce our topic and explain why it is important to study from a psychological perspective.
- How has previous research addressed this topic, and what has been found?
- Based on previous research, what are your hypotheses?
- Briefly describe the experimental design.
- Provide all relevant demographic information about participants.
- Describe materials (tests, experimental stimuli, etc.) used in the study. Describe all materials in detail.
- What was the experimental design? Describe and define all independent and dependent variables.
- Give a detailed description of the procedure such that another researcher reading your paper could replicate our experiment exactly as you conducted it. This will require you to describe different groups, any stimuli that participants were exposed to, etc.
- How were the data analyzed? What statistical tests were used?
- Provide appropriate descriptive statistics.
- Provide appropriate statistical test values (t, F, r, etc.) and p-values for all analyses. Be sure to state whether results were significant.
**Hint: See inferential descriptive statistics review for help with APA formatting of statistical analyses**
Discussion (2 – 3 pages)
- Provide a brief summary of your results.
- How do your results fit in with previous research? Compare and contrast differences in methodology, data analysis, interpretations.
- How does your work add to the body of knowledge in this field?
- Discuss the limitations of your study, how it could be improved in the future, and provide avenues for future research.
You will need a minimum of 8 references (e.g. the ones you reviewed in your annotated bibliography). Note that all references must be cited within the body of the paper.
- Don’t forget to include a Figure number and caption, and make sure all Figures are cited within the main body of the paper. Check with your APA Manual to see the page order.
- (Each figure and corresponding caption should be on a separate page).