In this final assignment, you will assemble the concepts from the previous 7 weeks to produce a PowerPoint presentation for your organization’s board of directors and executive leaders to ensure they have the information they need to make informed decisions regarding changing times in the twenty-first century. Offer recommendations based on the topics that we covered in this course. As a graduate student, they will expect you to be the expert on the topics and present research-driven recommendations.
Please select a major firm from one of the following three industries: US automobile manufacturers, athletic shoes, or the retail food industry (Grocery stores or Super Stores). So, for example, you could select Ford Motor Company or Adidas or Walmart. Choose a company you want to learn more about. In the role of an executive in that firm’s strategy planning department, you have been asked to enlighten the company’s Board of Directors and Senior executives on the key points of the following topics:
- Strategies for Motivating Employees
- Leading and Managing Change
- Using Organization Structure
- Leading a diverse virtual team
- Encouraging intrapreneurship and a Culture of Innovation
- Being Socially Responsible
- Effectively Using Social Media Marketing
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation for these organizational leaders to ensure they have the information they need to make informed decisions regarding the changing times of the twenty-first century. When crafting your presentation from the material previously covered in this course, consider these suggestions:
- Remember, you are presenting information to senior leaders; so avoid overt and broad lecturing.
- Focus on key points and emphasize how these topics directly relate to the firm and its industry. For example, Walmart, like most retailers, is having to make major changes in response to rapid expansion of online shopping, so the leaders of Walmart need to be well aware of the leadership challenges of managing change.
- Present the information in the order of the topics above and have at least one slide per topic. Consider including an introductory slide for each topic, and then follow it with a slide (or slides) of key points or broad suggestions for the firm.
- Consider how these changing times will affect the overall health of your organization. Could ignoring the importance of any of these topics, lead to the decline or even disappearance of the organization. Firms like Eastman Kodak, Enron, Yahoo and others probably could have benefited from such concerns several years ago.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 15-18 slides, (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 150-200 words for each slide
Listed below are some tips for your slide presentation.
- Begin your presentation with a title slide that includes your name. (Do not include the NCU cover sheet for your PowerPoint presentation.)
- Use plenty of white space on the slides.
- Provide a few appropriate graphics to break up the text.
- Use six bullets per slide or less.
- Use Times New Roman, 28 or 32-point font.
- Use the speaker’s notes area to include the information you want to share with your audience. The speaker’s notes must be coordinated with the information on the slides. Be sure to provide citations for your sources. Speaker’s Notes Length: 150-200 words for each slide
- Be creative. You can add audio to the presentation if you choose to do so; however, it is not required.
- Include references on your final slide(s). Include a minimum of one resource per slide. You may use any resource included in this course along with external resources of your choice (not Wikipedia).
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.
Upload your presentation, and then click the Submit to Dropbox button.