For this assignment, develop a personal doctoral narrative. In this narrative, articulate both what you already know about yourself and your accomplishments, where you intend to go, and the challenges that you anticipate. Some questions to consider as you construct your narrative include the following:
- Have you experienced a shift in thinking from the beginning of this course to the present?
- How have your goals changed or expanded?
- How can your understanding of the interplay between the theory, research, and practice in education guide you as you strive to bring about change in your present and future professional settings?
- What are your perceptions of the educational profession and how will this profession work for you?
- How does your personal philosophy of ethics affect the way you move forward with your goals?
- What are your thoughts and feelings about taking a purposeful approach to personal growth through your ongoing coursework?
- What additional thoughts and feelings do you have about moving forward with doctoral training in education?
Next, discuss three skills that you have just learned and three areas that need improvement. Some skills that you have practiced are listed below:
- Develop a time management plan.
- Understand and apply the Academic Integrity Policy.
- Apply APA style.
- Create an annotated bibliography.
- Read and analyze complex texts.
- Perform an online library search.
- Formulate actionable goals and visualize overall goals.
Length: 3-5 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate.
Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button.