For this assignment, evaluate a special education program in a school system where you are employed, reside, or have access. Some of the initial preparation has already been completed in the previous lessons. Organize and write a program evaluation. You can use the information from other lessons in this course as well as any experiences you have had in this or any other educational setting. Use pseudonyms for any specific students, school personnel, schools, and school district in the report. (If necessary, this project can be accomplished via website analysis and electronic communication with district personnel, without on-site contact.)
Be sure to include the following information in your special education program evaluation:
- Demographic information (number of schools, programs, students, disability categories)
- Personnel information (number of special education teachers, paraeducators)
- What specific special education programs are provided in the district? (Include early childhood intervention and gifted/talented programs when responding to this question.)
- How informal and formal assessment of students is carried out, by whom, and when.
- How informal and formal teacher observations/evaluations are conducted and how often.
- How are the special education programs reviewed, internally and externally, by whom, when?
- Results and analysis: What are the overall program’s areas of strength and areas in need of improvement?
- Action Plan: What would you suggest to fine-tune or improve the overall program?
- Reflection: What have you learned as a result of evaluating a district-wide special education program?
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages
References: Minimum of 5 scholarly resources.