As a business professional, assume you have been invited as a guest speaker for the next managerial meeting for your organization. Senior leadership has expressed concerns about corporate social responsibility and how this may influence appropriate business practices.
After reading and viewing this week’s required resources, develop a PowerPoint presentation for senior leadership that addresses the following:
- Define and summarize the concept of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- List at least three arguments for CSR.
- List at least three arguments against CSR.
- Describe the difference and similarities between the three CSR strategies: 1) corporate philanthropy, 2) social entrepreneurship, and 3) sustainability.
- Provide examples of three corporations or companies that are making a positive social impact. Identify the corporation or business, the product(s) or service(s), the recipients, and the benefits.
- Explain the concept of greenwashing.
- List at least one business or organization that has been involved in greenwashing.
- Summarize the lessons your organization (the one you are making this presentation to) can learn from the elements and examples you have just presented.
Please deliver your presentation in the order presented above and have at least one slide per topic. For example, you probably will have a slide that introduces the topic of CSR strategies, and then have one slide for each of the three strategies.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes should present a rough narration of how you would present the bullet points on your slides. Be sure to place your notes in the PowerPoints’ notes pane. If you are unfamiliar with the use of the notes pane, please review the resources for this week.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 100-150 words for each slide (note that most of your words should involve narration of the key points presented more briefly on your actual slide the audience would see)
References: Include a minimum of three scholarly resources, in addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Listed below are some tips for your slide presentation.
- Begin your presentation with a title slide that includes your name. (Do not include the NCU cover sheet for your PowerPoint presentation.)
- Use plenty of white space on the slides.
- Provide a few appropriate graphics to break up the text.
- Use six bullets points per slide or less.
- Use Times New Roman, 28 or 32-point font.
- Use the speaker’s notes area to include the information you want to share with your audience. The speaker’s notes must be coordinated with the information on the slides. Be sure to provide citations for your sources. Speaker’s Notes Length: 150-200 words for each slide
- Be creative. You can add audio to the presentation if you choose to do so; however, it is not required.
- Include references on your final slide(s).
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.
Upload your presentation, and then click the Submit to Dropbox button.