- Introduction – Summarize the internal and external factors leading to the firm’s decision to outsource the function(s) offshore. Remember, this exercise offers you the opportunity to demonstrate a high level of critical thinking in all aspects of the assignment.
- Literature Review – Identify published opinion that substantiates your support of the decision to outsource.
- Analysis – Review the decision to outsource the function offshore. Discuss potential long-term impacts of this outsourcing decision, including the impact on employees based in the U.S., quality of the outsourced product(s), and company sales, profit, and reputation.
- Synthesis – Identify and recommend strategies to move the company not only to a position of maintaining current levels of quality and sales but toward improvements in each of these measures of success.
- Conclusion –Summarize the essence of the information discussed and recommend solutions that incorporate the outsourcing decision into an overall successful corporate strategy for sustainability and implementation.
Note: If it is unfeasible to use your current employer for this assignment, you may choose another company.
5-7 pages (excluding the cover sheet, title page, and references) to cover a systematic explanation of what outsourcing is, why it was used or should be used, results of outsources, and supporting literature to sustain your position. Ensure no personal bias creeps into the assignment. This should be an objective analysis.
Include a minimum of five scholarly resources within the last 5 years that discuss the pros and cons of outsourcing, outsourcing trends, how to determine when to outsource, etc. The majority should be from peer-reviewed journals.