For this assignment, first schedule to interview the special education director in a school district where you live or work. This may be done in person or via electronic means (telephone, email, Skype, etc.) If this person is not available, pick someone who is involved in the delivery of special education services.SE-7005 V2: Law in Special Education Then, design a short questionnaire prior to the interview. Possible questions include but are not limited to:
- How is special education funding handled?
- Who manages “504 Plans”?
- What legal challenges has the district faced in regard to special education?
- How does the district prepare for due process hearings?
- How is the specialized training and knowledge of special educators utilized?
- Are principals updated or in-serviced on special education law on a regular basis?
Include the following in your interview analysis:
- A short introduction.
- Include each question asked and a summary of the interviewee’s responses to each question.
- Conclude with a summary concerning challenges and any suggestions for improvement.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages
References: Minimum of 5 scholarly resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.