Extra credit – HIST 2020 Stöllar
Minimum two pages, double spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, 1 inch margins, and deposit in Dropbox with “YOUR NAME extra credit” as the title. Maximum points-10.
Answer, in detail, ONE of the following questions:
- To what extent were the goals of Reconstruction regarding African-Americans achieved by 1900?
- How were the lives of the Plains Indians in the 2nd half of the 19th century affected by technological developments and government actions?
- Explain how TWO of the following individuals responded to the economic and social problems created by industrialization during the late 19th and early 20th Jane Addams, Andrew Carnegie, Samuel Gompers, Upton Sinclair.
- Compare and contrast the foreign policies of Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.
- The 1920s have been characterized as a decade of economic, social, and cultural change. Analyze the extent to which the First World War and consumerism affected United States society during this period.
- How successful were the programs of the New Deal in solving the problems of the Great Depression? Assess with respect to TWO of the following: Relief, Recovery, Reform.