- The purpose of the Community Assessment Mini-Paper is to provide a guided and open inquiry based assignment to assess a community for an in-depth understanding of cultural, linguistic, gender, and social diversity of the local population.
- You identified a health indicator or problem relevant to your county.
- Health problem in community
Overweight and obesity are the main problem in chosen area as 34.4% of the population in citrus park (Tampa) is overweigh with average BMI of 28.6.
- Description of the specific population
The focus population for promising practice in community would be young adults, age range between 45-64. The reason for choosing this population for intervention is the demographically the young adults are the second highest population in the Hillsborough county after 18-44 year age group and is vulnerable to inactive life and unhealthy choices.
- Overview of the intervention
The chosen population is more in to technology, so I would use fitness applications, various online fitness tools and calories trackers to motivate the people for implementing healthy practices and choosing healthy life style.
- Use this Windshield Survey framework to focus your community assessment.
- Keep in mind the health factors and health indicators to potentially influence. Look at your data and see if the observations in the community support or contradict what you expect.
- Review areas pertinent to your population, health focus and community in Windshield survey (Core, Subsystems, Perceptions)
Introduction-(remember to change this title-APA)
Discuss the purpose of the paper and the key population and topic you are focusing on as you are building your capstone paper. Briefly describe the type and focus of the intervention you identified based on the first two assignments. Add the significance with citation to support the need.
Describe the area you are assessing (location)and the time frame the assessment was completed. Discuss the key elements from each of the following headings: Use transitions and paragraphs in your writing. Review areas pertinent to your population, health focus and community in Windshield survey (Core, Subsystems, Perceptions)
The Community Core
Incorporate key core data (1-2 sub topics). For example, demographics for the area and socio-economic data here. Is there evidence of disparities? Does this relate to the data you found in the first discussion board? Discuss your observations and support with data.
The Community Subsystems
Survey the community and discuss TWO elements from the windshield survey community subsystems that would affect or influence your population and talk about why it is related to your population. Discuss your observations and support with data. (For example, Are there green spaces and safe sidewalks for activity? Relate the 2 elements to the population and health issue you have identified)
Conduct TWO interviews in the community using the survey and report the residents’ perceptions (Include personal interviews with appropriate citations). Synthesize your interviews then discuss your perceptions as noted on the survey. What is your perception of the general health of the community? What are the strengths and potential problems.
Relate the assessment (your findings) to your identified health issues from your data in the first discussion board and include your thoughts on the feasibility of the Community Improvement intervention plan you have selected in your conclusion.