The clinical project provides writer with the opportunity to explore a problem or issue that is related to one of the following nursing competencies: patient-centered care, teamwork/collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety or informatics.
The project must demonstrate the writer’s ability to synthesize and apply the knowledge and skills acquired in this academic program to real-world nursing issues and problems. This final project will affirm your ability to think critically and creatively, to solve practical problems related to nursing practice or the facilitation of patient-centered care, to make reasoned and ethical decisions, to propose change and to demonstrate both oral and written communication effectively with peers, nursing staff and members of the health care team.
At the completion of this capstone project, the writer will:
• Integrate Lewin’ s Change Theory in human systems when identifying the practice problem or issue
• Propose an innovative solution or change to a system-related patient care problem identified on the unit where the student is practicing
• Analyze the outcomes of nursing interventions using research-based evidence and data
• Formulate evidence-based conclusions and recommendations related to the problem identified
• Disseminate recommendations to nursing staff, peers and interdisciplinary health care team
1. Find evidence to support this practice/policy change. You may use research articles, meta-analysis, and integrative reviews from peer reviewed journals. Summarize the evidence from at least fiveprofessional sources.
2. Evaluate the evidence. Is the evidence strong enough to change practice/policy or support a current practice/policy?
Does the evidence support the practice/policy?
3. Make recommendations based on the evidence. How could you apply your recommendations on your unit?