Read one article regarding cultural diversity in healthcare, community health or population health. It should address a problem about cultural diversity, health equity or health disparities.
Identify the source and title of the article, and then answer all of the following 5 questions. Develop your answers based on knowledge gained from your readings.
MAKE SURE YOU PROVIDE A COVER PAGE!
1. The main purpose of this article? (You are trying to state, as accurately as possible, the author’s intent in writing the article. What was the author trying to accomplish?)
2. The key question that the author is addressing is? (Your goal is to figure out the key question that was in the mind of the author when he/she wrote the article. What was the key question addressed in the article?) What population or group of people (e.g., children or the elderly) is at the most risk?
3. The most important information in this article? (You may want to identify the key information the author used, or presupposed, in the article to support his/her main arguments. Here you are looking for facts, experiences, and/or data the author is using to support his/her conclusions.)
4. The main conclusions in this article are? (You want to identify the most important conclusions the author comes to in the article).
5. How does the article reflect social issues or political views, if any?