For this assignment, you have the two options:
Assume that you have been hired as a consultant by the president of Cameron’s Coffee, a $40 million-dollar premium coffee manufacturer, located in Shakopee Minnesota (Petersen, n.d.).
Select a company of your own choice to be the consultant for such as the company you might currently work for. The primary selection criteria are that it should be a SME (small to medium-sized enterprise with approximately 500 employees or less), and it must have a limited social media marketing strategy at present or none at all.
So, what is an example of a firm with an excellent social media strategy? That’s not an easy question because social media itself is still evolving and the way to exploit it best is still experimental, but Whole Foods Market, is often cited as a firm that so far has done it right. In part by making it as much an educational tool as it is a promotional one.
Once you make your company selection, address the following:
Your client, Cameron Coffee or the alternative firm you select, is considering investing significant financial and personnel resources into a more substantial social media marketing strategy. As the company’s consultant, your assignment is to create a social media market proposal in the form of an executive report for consideration by the company’s CEO and other top management. This strategy will be designed to help sell the company’s products or services, as well as boost the company’s image to customers (and potential distributors and retailers if their products are sold through a third party).
Research these subjects, and then prepare an executive report that provides the following:
- Summarize the general need for a social media marketing strategy for a firm like your client.
- Include a definition of social media and social media marketing.
- Select two social media platforms that you think will provide the greatest impact for your client for the money and resources they will invest, along with your reason for their selection.
- Provide two recommendations for each platform that you believe (based on your research) your client company could use to most effectively market the firm and their products/services.
- Explain how each recommendation will resolve any issues and fulfill the company’s needs.
So, what is an executive report? Top executives are busy people and they typically get numerous reports from people inside and outside their organization, so when they read a report they want clarity and conciseness. This is somewhat analogous to the famous “elevator speech.” What would you tell your boss if you only had a 10-floor elevator ride to explain your idea or project. In this case, you have a little more time and space, but you still want to grab the CEO’s attention and fully inform him or her about your proposal as quickly and clearly as possible.
Listed below are the items such a report typically contains:
- A brief executive summary of your proposal – If it doesn’t grab them, they probably won’t read the rest.
- An introduction to your report that quickly explains the reason and importance of your proposal
- A relatively brief explanation of the importance of social media marketing and the two platforms discussed in your recommendation.
- Your specific social media marketing recommendations for two social media platforms. These should include the specific benefits each recommendation brings to the company.
Length: 3-5 pages, not including title and reference pages
References: Include a minimum of three scholarly resources, in addition to the specified resources provided.
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your document, and then click the Submit to Dropbox button.