Here is the movie I’d like you to watch it. I have also prepared 5 questions down at the description. I’d like you to answer all questions. Each answer should be a respectable paragraph ( around 5 lines).
The movie is titled: Enron – The smartest guys in the room. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_okmFi9KvSs
no research need it all from the movie
Please complete each one of the five questions and explain your answer. Each question should have a paragraph long answer.
Movie Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_okmFi9KvSs
Lay and Skilling
1. After watching the movie, do you agree that Jeff Skilling and Ken Lay were the “smartest guys in the room” or would it depend on the room?
2. Skilling emphasized in his testimony before Congress that he was only acting in the interests of the shareholders. Do you agree? Are there other people whose interests should Skilling also have been protecting?
3. What message does the movie deliver regarding regulation versus “free markets”? Do you think this message is appropriate?
4. Are there certain characteristics of services or products which suggest that regulation of the markets in which those services or products are delivered is more or less necessary? Does the market for electricity have those characteristics? What about other markets? Explain.
5. According to the movie, Enron emphasized a “rank and yank” model of employee evaluation. Explain the model and discuss whether this is a reasonable approach for a successful organization.