Responses must be 100+ words EACH. Question 1 and 2 are required. Select 2 out of 3 from question 3,4,5. Be sure to support the claims you make with evidence. You must cite ideas that are not your own and include page numbers where appropriate. Questions that utilize outside/unauthorized sources will not receive credit (exception= question 3).
IMPORTANT- Please do not include the questions in your response because Turnitin will see the questions as a match. Please number your responses so that your grader can easily determine which questions you have responded to.
1) Generate a list of three (non-grade related) goals for your learning in this course. Ensure that your goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-based. For more information on SMART goals, see: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/smart-goals.htm and https://www.smartsheet.com/blog/essential-guide-writing-smart-goals
2) Respond to the following: How do I define cultural competence? How and why should I build cultural competence?
(Choose TWO/SKIP ONE question)
3) In your own words, explain why Marc Silver considers the term “third world” to be problematic. Select a news article (published within the past year) that uses the term “third world.” Detail at least one connection between the article and Silver’s reading. Include the link to the article in your response.
4) Share one take-away from Chimamanda Adichie’s TED talk. How can you apply this take-away in your everyday life?
5) Using Marable’s chapter, explain why the field of Africana Studies emerged and summarize how the field has responded to challenges.