Newspaper book project
For this book project, you will be creating a newspaper that captures your books characters, plot, settings, and conflicts. Your paper will contain the following elements.
- The masthead is the title of the newspaper. You will create a title that reflects the setting of your book or some other plot element.
- Lead story
- On the front page write a 5 paragraph lead story that explains the plot of your novel. Be sure to include a headline! The plot should include
The main characters
The main problem that they face
Events that lead up to how the characters solve the problem
How the book concludes.
- On page two write a 3 paragraph editorial that gives your opinion on your book. Remember, you’re writing to persuade others to want to read the book. If you disliked the book, them your editorial should persuade others to not read the book. Give detailed reasons for your feelings, and use examples and quotes from the book to elaborate your thoughts.
- Throughout the entire paper, add 5 pictures reflecting characters, places, and conflicts in your book. You should draw the pictures after you have typed out your final copy of the newspaper, so make sure to leave space for each picture. Make sure that each picture is NEAT, and add a caption underneath each one to explain what you have drawn.
- Other Ideas, you must choose 2 of these to add to the newspaper!
- Write an obituary for a character if one dies in the story.
- Create 2 classified advertisements- these might describe someone or something that the characters need or are looking for.
- Create a word search using 15 terms from the book- these might be characters names, places important to the book, or other terms you think are important to the story.
- Create an advertisement section selling items that would have been popular at the time or items the characters may have used.
- Create a weather section where you give a forecast of the weather or describe a horrible storm like the one in the championship coon hunt.
- Write a feature article on one of the more interesting characters of the story.