For this assignment, choose one topic of interest to you related to your degree program. Then, explore available scholarly peer-reviewed resources using at least three of the following databases.
EBSCOhost Education Research Complete
ProQuest Education Journals
Sage Journals Online
Gale Academic OneFile
As noted in this Week’s Introduction, the use of peer-reviewed articles is important to you as a researcher. Find five peer-reviewed scholarly research articles in your area of interest. Use key words and search limiters to focus your searches. Next, write a short paper covering the following topics (you can use first person). Include an APA style References section with the five resources you found; list them according to APA formatting requirements.
- Describe your topic of interest and why it is important to you.
- What are “key words” and how do they help with searches?
- What key words did you use for your searches?
- What are “search limiters” and how do they help with searches?
- What search limiters did you use for your searches?
- What does “peer reviewed” mean Why is it important to conduct research?
- Comment on what you learned from two of the suggested NCU Library resources?
- Complete the Reference section per APA Style.
Length: 3-5 pages, not including title page and reference page
References: Five resources from the search exercise
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate.
Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button.