Through this assignment, the student will:
Develop summary of a clinical practice guideline. (CO 3, 6)
Preparing the paper
You will develop a summary that you could use within an evidence-based practice (EBP) committee or related venue to share with your colleagues.
• Select (1) one of the following issues:
(1) One of the issues identified in Week 1 in Ironridge or Summerville,
(2) the bicycle-safety issue, or
(3) the surgical-infection issue.
• Search the literature and evidence-based practice websites and databases to find a recent clinical practice guideline (no more than 5 years) related to the issue you select. The course Webliographyprovides websites where you can find clinical practice guidelines, but there are many others available in specialty-organization websites. A good place to start is www.guidelines.gov.
• Analyze and critique the guidelines and complete the Clinical Practice Guideline Summary Sheet in Doc Sharing. Components include
o scope and purpose of the clinical practice guidelines;
o stakeholder involvement;
o rigor of development;
o recommendations; and
Paper should have :
-Scope and Purpose
Describes the scope and purpose of the document
Describes the stakeholder involvement in the development of the document.
-Rigor of Development
Critiques the rigor of the development of the document.
Provides the major recommendations of the document.
-Identifies potential barriers, costs, and outcome measurement for application of the document.