Com. St. 35 – Interpersonal Communication Name ________________
Midterm II – Chapters 4, 5, and 6
- Explain two components of emotions.
- Explain one guideline for expressing emotions.
- Identify the differences between facilitative and debilitative emotions.
- Explain one way to minimize debilitative emotions.
- Explain how “the “fear of self-disclosure” influences emotional expression.
- Explain emotion labor.
- Explain one irrational fallacy.
- Identify the set of rules we use to understand one another’s speech.
- Name all the ways language shapes our perceptions.
- Explain linguistic relativism.
- Name two significant differences between the way men and women speak.
- Name two characteristics each for “low-context” and “high context” cultures.
- Identify the influences on nonverbal communication.
- Identify the types of nonverbal communication.
- What are the characteristics of nonverbal communication.
- Identify the differences between verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Explain microexpressions.