(Done Paper) presentation should be approximately 15 minutes in length, with an additional 10 minutes allotted for discussion. Requirements for the presentation:
|presentation should be approximately 15 minutes in length, with an additional 10 minutes allotted for discussion.
Requirements for the presentation:
• Provide background, setting and context: when and where does this history take place? What was going on at the time? Who are the people / tribe involved? What is the larger history of the time period? (See Sara Evans book)
• Identify the author’s thesis / main point and important sub-points and supporting evidence. Each of the essays in Sifters is both biographical, but also thematic – there is some kind of main point to the biography.
• Summarize the story/history/plot.
• React and respond and comment on interesting and important details.
• Choose one or more aspects of this history/biography to research and learn more about. Identify and utilize a few academically appropriate online or print sources, in order to provide additional information for your presentation.
• Provide a complete and accurate list of “Works Cited” (MLA or Chicago style format)
• Include some kind of graphic information (photos, illustrations, maps, etc.). You might, for example develop a few slides, a handout, or poster.
• Don’t try and do too much — time is short. (For example: do not try and show any videos that are longer than 2-3 minutes.)
• On the day of your presentation, come to class prepared to help lead a discussion. Provide a few questions and/or points for discussion for the class.
• Assign clear roles and PRACTICE your presentation.
• IF you are using technology for ppt slides or other electronic media, then you MUST notify professor in advance in order to make arrangements.
||Book required for this research is “Sifters: Native American Women’s Lifes” edited by Theda Perdue (New York:oxfprd University Press, 2001)
Please, conduct some additional historical research and add context, background and analysis to the text.
Click to Download Solution
Purchase to Unlock Doc
Purchase Solution $25