LINCOLN CENTER FESTIVAL Summer INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES (Two Positions)
Lincoln Center Festival, the annual international performing arts festival celebrating the finest in theater, dance, opera, classical and contemporary music, and inter-disciplinary arts is now accepting internship applications for Lincoln Center Festival and includes engagements by the Cleveland Orchestra and the Royal Shakespeare Company, among other companies and artists. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the hands-on process of producing a diverse, large-scale international festival, and to see world-class performances by companies from the United States, Britain, Europe, South America, and Asia.
Two internships are described below. Please read the entire document before calling or emailing with questions.
REQUIREMENTS for ALL INTERNSHIPS:
- Candidates must have a passion for the arts, interest in an arts management career, and experience in administrative support
- Excellent communication, organizational, and office skills are a must
- Computer knowledge essential (Microsoft Windows XP, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Theater, Dance, Music, Arts Administration, or Production majors preferred but not required
- Must be detail oriented, capable of working under pressure, and on multiple jobs simultaneously
- Must have initiative, a sense of humor, and enthusiasm
- Candidates must still be enrolled in school at the time of the internship
- Undergraduate and Graduate students are welcome to apply
In addition to the responsibilities outlined in each position, ALL interns are required to assist Festival staff with administrative support as needed, including the day-to-day operations of the Festival, artist hospitality and artist services, house seat ticket distribution, and attending Festival performances. Internships are unpaid.
MANAGEMENT INTERN: Responsible for processing all invoices and bills, artists’ payments, and artists’ per-Diem for the Festival season; will be responsible for reviewing updated expense printouts on a regular basis, inputting data, and advance marketing, PR and company management materials. Intern is the Festival’s liaison with the Accounting department. Also works on long-lead festival planning with the staff, including creating event reports and other festival-related materials. Knowledge of Microsoft Access is preferred. See also Requirements for All Internships. Send résumé/cover letter to email@example.com
Send résumé, with cover letter specifying which internship you are applying for, your reasons for applying for this Festival internship, and names/contact info of three references to:
Lincoln Center Festival ▪ 70 Lincoln Center Plaza ▪ New York, NY 10023-6583
Fax: 212-875-5192 ▪ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Interviews will be held via telephone and in person. Only potential candidates will be contacted.
For additional information on the Lincoln Center Festival and our internship program, visit www.LincolnCenterFestival.org