In a two-page paper, compare and contrast the utilitarian view of animal rights with Regan’s view of animal rights. Though a stance is not required, be sure you have identified the theories to be compared in your introductory paragraph.
See the International Encyclopedia of Philosophy for Regan’s view (Scroll to 3b)
- Clearly declare a stance/thesis in introductory paragraph
- Two full pages are required
- Cover page and reference page required
- APA formatting is required
- Two pieces of support from the week’s material are required
Supporting your work:
Use at least two pieces of information from this week’s assigned material to support your work. You have an option to supplement your work with additional material if needed, which must be from scholarly sources (i.e., peer-reviewed journal articles, books, etc.). Wikipedia is not a credible source.
All direct quotations and information taken from your sources must be credited using APA Style®.
Resources on APA Style®
Title : Animal right paper.
Required reading resources:
- Rachels, J. & Rachels, S. (2015). The elements of moral philosophy (8th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education. — Chapter 7 (pp. 99-110) and Chapter 8 (pp. 111-125)
- Purtilo, R. B. & Doherty, R. F. (2011). Ethical dimensions in the health professions (5th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders. — Chapter 4, Paying Attention to Outcomes on p. 92, “Utilitarianism” on p. 92, “Duties, Consequences and a Caring Response” on p. 93