The three categories are:
1. Get Out: in this category, you will be asked to ‘get out’ into the field to experience and practice Geography (as places or spaces).
2. Critical Media: in this category, you will select some media (article, audio or video) that portrays a Geographic or current event issue, and you will critically analyze that media by discussing terms and concepts from the course.
3. Get Virtual: in this category, you will explore the virtual world and contemplate the effects of globalization on how you access virtual worlds, what of those worlds you do or do not see, and what experiences those places have with globalization processes.
• Select one of the activities you completed to share in your presentation. Choose the one that you enjoyed or learned from the most. You also might want to select the one that is the most visual.
• Prepare a presentation for the class that includes all of the following:
1. An introduction that describes what you did.
2. An explanation, referring to course content, of the Geographic aspects of the activity.
3. Presents companion visuals of your experience: slides ‘PowerPoint’
4. Brief discussion of: 1) lessons learned; and/or 2) further questions.
• Your presentation will be 5 minutes long and will be scored following the Rubric below.