For this discussion, review the Framework for How to Read and Critique a Research Study from Unit 1, linked in resources. Then, for your initial post, address the following:
• Would the findings in the article be relevant to practice policies today?
• Is there a need for further exploration? Why?
• If a quantitative study was conducted, was there generalizability in the results? Would we benefit from replicating the study in another setting?
• If a qualitative study was conducted, would there be a need for another study using an experimental design?
• If you chose a practice guideline, what types of studies were used to generate the recommendations?
Use APA sixth edition citation style to give credit to that writer. Remember that an APA citation includes both the in-text citation (the author’s last name and the year of publication) and the full reference for the source.
Please follow the scoring guideline: Applies relevant course concepts, theories, or materials correctly. Collaborates with fellow learners, relating the discussion to relevant course concepts. Applies relevant professional, personal, or other real-world experiences. Supports position with applicable knowledge.
Brown, S. J. (2014). Evidence-based nursing: The research-practice connection. Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.