Case Study Assignment: Calvin Klein Inc. Vs. Warnaco Group, Inc.
Objective of the assignment:
1. Develop practice and skill at deciphering a lengthy reading assignment, and writing a brief, business memo to analyze the situation presented in the reading.
2. Analyze the choices the two companies, Calvin Klein Inc. and The Warnaco Group made in managing their licensed business.
1. The assignment is limited to two pages double spaced. This includes your name, course and section number at the top of the paper. Make sure you have an introduction about the case.
2. You are to identify 3 main topics of licensing that this case study deals with. You are to illustrate with specific reference to the case (page numbers), how the actions of the licensor and the licensee either contributed to building the brand, or diminished the brand in the market place, and how those actions impacted the licensed agreement.
3. In your conclusion you should stare which side of the case you agree with, and why.
The in class discussion will focus on the position of the two companies, and a group interaction to defend your position on the case using the topics you identified in the paper. In all instances you must be specific. (Page numbers).
PLEASE NOTE: the entire assignment cannot exceed 2 pages, double spaced