- “For a skewed distribution, the mean is pulled in the direction of the extreme scores.” Is this statement true or false
- Which average is defined as the value that has 50% of the cases below it?
- If two groups are equal on average, will they necessarily be equal in their variability?
- What is the outlier in this set of scores: 2, 18, 18, 20, 20, 21, 22?
- Is the interquartile range or the range a better measure of variability?
- What is the interquartile range of these scores: 10, 10, 11, 12, 13, 13, 14, 14, 14, 15, 17, 18, 18?
- The interquartile range is associated with which average?
- What symbol do statisticians use for the standard deviation?
- What is the symbol for the deviation of a score from its mean?
- If the mean for a group equals 40.00 and the standard deviation equals 5.00, what percentage of the cases in a normal distribution lies between 40 and 45?
- If the mean for a group equal 27.00 and the standard deviation equals 3.00, what percentage of the cases in a normal distribution lies between 24 and 30?