CNCSP 102 Research Proposal
The goal of this assignment is to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate and apply knowledge of principles of research to a novel applied psychology topic. This includes:
- Finding a topic of interest and developing corresponding research question(s) that may contribute to the field.
- Analyzing articles and summarizing them in a literature review.
- Applying your understanding of research methods to a novel situation, including evaluating the various methods and choosing the appropriate one for your research question.
- Predicting outcomes of your research design and synthesizing them into hypotheses.
- Evaluating your research design for limitations and connecting them to future directions.
This assignment is worth 40% of your grade. It is advised that you follow along with the suggested timeline in the syllabus for completing the various parts of the paper. The final paper is due via GauchoSpace at 11:59pm on Thursday, July 28th, preferably (but not required) in PDF format. Required components include:
- Title page
- Introduction/background/literature review, including research question(s)
- Methods section, including the type of study, participant characteristics, and measures
- Expected results
- Limitations and future directions
The paper should be no more than eight pages total and follow APA 6th edition formatting.