TOPIC 1: Understanding Individual Attributes
As you learned in the topic of understanding individual attributes, it is important for employees to fit the job, the organization, and their workgroup.
Point your browser to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIvUtpJp0 and watch the video “Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes, Inc. Realistic Job Preview” (6:46).
When you are finished, answer the following questions:
1. Why did Nice N Easy make this video and posted on Youtube?
2. What could job seekers learn from this video that would help them decide if they should apply for a job with Nice N Easy?
3. What are three individual attributes that you think would be related to successful employment at Nice N Easy? Why?
4. Would you apply for employment at Nice N Easy? Explain your rationales of your answer.
TOPIC 2: Motivating individuals (Power)
Point your favorite browser to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eFln_mdXGY&playnext=1&list=PL4358CAAFBE552346&feature=results_main to watch the video, “Power: Why Some People Have it and Others Don’t” (8:11)
And then answer the following questions:
1. Describe two things you learned from this video about power.
2. Identify two people from whom you can learn more about how to be successful in your chosen career. Explain why they will be able to help you.
3. What level of power do you currently aspire to have in your own career? What tradeoffs will you need to make to achieve this? How would the power be related to your personal value/faith?