From Chapter 6:
Write a journal entry about Bones. Include in your entry the following two topics:
1. Describe how Membranous Ossification differs from endochondral ossification. Which bones of the body would be formed through each?
2. List the six basic types of bones based on their shapes and give an example of each. Also, be sure to describe the differences between compact bone and spongy bone (where it is found in the bone and what it’s made of).
From Chapter 7:
Write a journal entry about the Muscle Contraction. Include in your entry the following two topics:
1. After a muscle fiber is stimulated, explain how the Calcium released from the sarcoplasmic reticulum causes muscle contraction (explain the Sliding Filament Theory). Be sure to include in your answer the key terms: calcium, actin, myosin binding sites, myosin, cross-bridges, ATP, and ADP.
2. Define the following terms: origin, insertion, agonist and antagonist. For the biceps brachii, list the origin and insertion. And then for the flexion of the forearm list the agonist muscle and antagonist muscle.
From Chapter 8:
Write a journal entry about Action Potential. Include in your entry the following two topics:
1. Describe the different divisions of the nervous system and list what structures would be found in each: CNS, PNS, Somatic vs Autonomic. Also describe the different types of neurons: sensory, motor, interneuron, unipolar, bipolar and multipolar.
2. Explain how an action potential. Include the resting membrane potential, threshold potential, ion (sodium and potassium) movement and how they relate to depolarization and repolarization.
From Chapter 9:
Write a journal entry about Eyes and Ears. Include in your entry the following two topics:
1. Describe the structure of the eye. Include structures for all three layers and how cones and rods differ in function.
2. Describe the structure of the ear. Include structures for all three regions and how a sound wave passes from