After reading the article Respond Efficiently using your critical thinking.
- a) What applications of organizational development must apply to set the objectives of the processes and company plans?
- b) How is a negotiation strategy designed and Conflict management in a company?
- c) How to improve the communication process and define the plan of action?
Maquila S.A de R.L de C.V began to face problems given the relationships that were presented between their workers. The plant manager, began to worry
by the increasingly frequent friction of his staff at all levels of the organization, customers and suppliers. He decided to communicate with the city’s technology and contact the expert in organizational development of
the institution, to ask for your help. In the first meeting highlighted the problems regarding communication, leadership, negotiation and conflict resolution. Considering the information gathered, the development expert
organizational suggested a preliminary discussion between the director, the clinic administrator, and the consultant seemed to point to the problems of leadership, resolution of conflicts and decision processes. The expert
in organizational development of the institution I consider
that the information provided could be used to make a diagnosis. The managers and supervisors of the company expressed their acceptance.
It was determined to conduct interviews among employees key to the organization. According to the process of diagnosis the organizational development expert compiled information, categorized the data and identified the critical problems and departments. An organization was organized series of meetings with the company’s staff with duration of a week, exposing the participants the information collected. The information presented by the development expert organization allowed the staff to categorize The problems as follows:
- Existence of conflicts between members thereof departments and between different departments. This generated tension among the employees, affecting the productivity, quality and performance of the organization.
- The leadership of the plant and departmental manager must be adjusted to make transcendental decisions for the operation of the company. The lack
of decisions generated confusion and problems of production and administration.
- Improve communication between all levels of the organization to reduce rumors and avoid information not precise. In the same way, clarify and respect the policies and procedures of the organization the behavior of the members of the organization. The organizational development expert used the diagnostic techniques and roles, to analyze conflicts between functions and departments, styles of leadership and suggested some techniques to deal with that kind of problems. The proposed dynamics for improve communication and the course on negotiation and conflict management, allowed to achieve greater confidence
among the members of the company. In fact, of the course a plan emerged to define specific actions some of the problems that were presented Commonly. The expert offered to follow up on the actions carried out and support the decisions that will be taken the employees themselves. It was necessary to expand the work meetings with the participation of the manager of plant, the comptroller and the human resources manager. Months later, a second course was held attended by other key people of the organization
belonging to all departments of the company. They had the task of working
together in an action plan for negotiation and communication between departments. They established a set of continuous improvement activities in
the short and medium term, with the aim of improving interpersonal relationships in the company. The benefits obtained with the adopted program
of organizational development allowed to generate new forms of administration and supervision of personnel, as well as a relationship with customers and suppliers. To the After a year, the expert in organizational development of the technological institute made a follow-up evaluation.
Interviews with staff allowed conclude that conflict, communication and leadership had undergone a positive change and the proposed techniques
in the courses were being applied in the management of the situations that were presented in the company.